Web 2.0, social networking, unified communications, customer and supplier relation management, “CCC”, online training, E-commerce, remote ERP, virtual offices, online services (ASP, SaaS, etc)…With many more new concepts and needs that transform IT into a true production centre or Datacenter.
Many questions arise: how to withstand a growing number of connections each day with confidence and assurance in the secure transfer of data via the Internet? Management of 100 or 80 000 connections per day, with a growing demand for performance from users, archiving of just a few or hundreds of files, which infrastructure, which processes to implement in order to guarantee a quality of service, high availability of all systems by optimizing costs and use of resources?
How to manage an internal or external client, stable or expanding business, on a single site or several, often with a heterogeneous fleet, which increases in organic or successive re-designs.
Facing this passion for SaaS or online services technologies, the need to meet the demand for fast data storage and to meet the economic constraints where energy becomes as precious as gold.
Today, datacenter production managers should be able to find solutions for all problems that they are confronted with.
All of which bring their share of increasingly costly and time consuming constraints:
- Heterogeneity of hardware and environments which requires available and qualified staff
- Unmanaged electricity consumption
- Costly heat loss due to increasingly powerful air conditioning systems.
- Poorly optimized use of storage space and calculations
- Frequent loss of data and longer time to restart
- Optimized delivery of performance and diagnosis of more difficult “root causes”
- More approximate quantification and precise invoicing of services provided to clients
With many constraints to manage, in order to give your clients exactly what they want, all of which seems simple and essential to them:
- Prompt start up of new applications
- Short response times via the Net
- Flexibility of the number of connections
- Flexibility of storage space and archiving
- High availability of service
in ASP/ SaaS mode for internal or external clients.
Whether your offer is aimed at a few applications or multiple
What you need is to optimize your infrastructure in order to reduce financial and human costs whilst raising company performance. What you need is to increase the productivity of the virtual factory and to gain peace of mind.