NEC Storage software is a group of software programs that allow users to manage NEC Storage series disk array and to control functions of the disk array. These storage management and control functions provided by the software offer a wide range of solutions for the storage.
Storage Management Software
- Integrated Management/Device Management : Manages configuration and status of the storage.
- Performance Management: Provides integrated management of information on performance and capacity of the storage, database and file system, enabling users to operate the storage efficiently.
- Replication Management: Cooperates with storage control or replication control software and provides a variety of solutions for operations of storage such as backup.
Storage Control Software
- Storage Control : Controls configuration and status of the storage with Storage control software.
- Storage control software : Storage control software consists of NEC Storage Manager Express, Storage OS and Firmware. This software program is responsible for basic control of a disk array such as controlling Host interfaces, Disks, RAID, Logical Disks and Caches
- Replication Control: Creates a copy of a volume within the storage and enhances integrity and operability of the data without interrupting the online operations.
- Resource Control : Achieves effective management and operation of the storage by controlling resources in the storage such as a function to control power supply of disk drives.
- High Availability : Achieves creation of a high-availability system that uses load balancing or data retention. functions.